Pharmacy Merchant Services
Card payments facilities for pharmacies
The number of pharmacies in the UK rose from 46000 to 61000 between 2010 – 2016 (statista.com) proving a steady increase within the industry. When it comes to merchant accounts related to pharmacies these fall into two categories;
- Face to face advised sales given in brick and mortar shops
- Online pharmacies, which have become more popular over the last decade, providing a quick and easy solution for patients without having to physically visit a doctors surgery.
PLEASE NOTE WE CAN ONLY HELP UK BASED PHARMACIES CURRENTLY – EUROPEAN SOLUTION COMING SOON!
Pharmacy merchant Services in UK physical shops
Sourcing card processing for pharmacy shops is a little more straight forward than online alternatives. Please not that these do not fall under the high risk category and, whilst they can be more complicated than the average shop, compared to online stores they’re a lot more straightforward.
Providing the business has the associated EU regulation documents, we have options available. Speak to one of our advisors today.CALL US
Online Pharmacy Merchant Accounts
Online pharmacies are seen as much higher risk than physical shops, the reason for this is the high amount of chargebacks experienced within industry. This is due to the fact that when a patient places an online order the payment is authorised but not actually charged until the medical information has been reviewed by a fully qualified doctor.
For this reason when setting up an internet pharmacy merchant account business owners can be made to jump through hoops to prove that they are running their online business in an ethical way, therefore reducing the risk.
Since January 2017 it has been a Visa requirement for card-not-present pharmacies to be certified and monitored by an impartial third party. Here at Merchant Advice Services we can help you obtain this certification which will enable you to be accepted for a merchant account. The certification is also recognized by major search engine advertising programs, including Google and Bing.
Online pharmacy checklist
Below is just one example of how things work, and what could be expected from you if you own an online pharmacy;
1. Customer selects medication and quantity.
2. Customer is then required to submit a medical questionnaire. Providing the symptoms and medical history are in line with the medication selected the customer can move onto the next stage. If for example they have selected a medication which is unsuitable for different reasons, such as age, sex or health history they will no longer be able to proceed with the purchase.
3. Following the submission of a satisfactory health questionnaire, it will then be sent to be reviewed by a doctor.
4. The Customer is then able to ‘check out’ and complete payment and delivery information. At this stage the payment is authorized but no money has been charged to the customer.
5. The customer’s questionnaire is reviewed by a qualified doctor who will also assess the suitability of the medication requested and contact the customer for further information if necessary.
6. Following the approval of the customer’s medication request the payment is then processed – completing the order.
7. Items are then dispatched, under recorded and signed for delivery.
Finding a merchant account for pharmacy businesses
Expectations of how the pharmacy business is run and elements of client confidentiality and safety will be considered when applying for a pharmacy merchant account. Speaking to an expert is vital when applying to a pharmacy merchant provider to make sure the process is smooth and efficient – as well as giving you the best chance of getting your application right first time.
For those wanting to open online accounts, we focus on helping our customers perform quality applications and have an over 90% approval rate, first time around with very competitive rates. If you are looking for one or more of the following, speak to our advisors today.SPEAK TO AN EXPERT HERE
Make a quick enquiry
Speak to us directly and get any questions you have answered. Submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly.